6/13/16

What's in My Diaper Bag


I am still IN LOVE with my diaper bag. Which for me is saying a lot - I've used it every single day for the last 10.5 months, and usually I get bored of things within like 5 minutes, ha.

Michael had to photograph me laying out all my stuff on the kitchen floor ;).

My qualifications when looking for a bag were simple. Lightweight - no point starting out with a heavy bag when you're going to be loading it with your life - huge, and obviously cute!


I always think it's so fascinating and helpful seeing what people use day in day out (creepy much?), so I thought I'd share a bit! 

These are the essentials I have in my bag at all times: 


Diapers & Wipes - Starting really basic here people :)

Bottle, Formula & Water - Formula dispensers are the best invention ever

Baby Snacks - Puffs, yogurt melts, cheerios, teething wafers, fruit and veggie pouches (she is obsessed with those), and usually a ½ pb&j in a ziplock

Wallet & Keys - Do yourself a favor and get a lanyard! It seems super 16-year-old-ish at first but then you fall in love

Cords - My precious camera-memory-card-to-phone cord and a self timer clicker

Bobbies & Hair Ties - Always too many

"Random Stuff" - This entails chapstick/lipgloss/lipstick, gum (and wrappers), breath mints, hand sanitizer, etc

Necessities - Tide To Go pen, band aids, spare binky, Trader Joe's balm, tampons, you get the idea 

Burp Cloths - For dayzzz

Cheap Sunnies - Because your daughter will most likely think this "toy" is way more entertaining than any of her real toys and she'll probably scratch them so just go cheap


Pouches keep me sane. Anything remotely small gets a home. All the band aids/pens/bobbies are in zippered pockets of my bag while the gum/chapsticks/cords all go in their little places.


Also water for me.


Not pictured: 


My Snacks - How did I leave these out of the pic?? Seriously all of my friends know I have at least 2 protein bars on hand at all times. Other faves are trail mixy things and squares of dark chocolate

Blanket - There's always at least one swaddle in the car, in the stroller or in the bag

Toys!! - Can't leave the house without a book and a stuffed animal (usually I just keep them in the car)

Camera - Back in February when I visited my sister in San Francisco (see more here), she convinced me that it's not weird or nerdy to take your camera everywhere. And even if it is, who cares? Take the camera! Stop and take the picture! Do your thing! Since then I pretty much carry it with me everywhere I go. You never know when your kid will do something adorable, ha! Like insist on pushing the stroller :)

Receipts - Michael wanted me to be honest here and include the 6 million receipts that are always shoved to the bottom


When it's all said and done this diaper bag is pretty loaded!! Moms are like little superwomen pack mules. We can carry it all! 10 pound diaper bag on the shoulder with a baby in the carseat on one arm and strands of bagged groceries dangling off the other - bring it on! No big deal.

Ya... maybe I'm a bit excessive with my diaper bag? You tell me, I've tried to widdle it down but this is as minimalist as I can go! What are your tips?! How do you pack light with kiddos?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016