5/17/17

Lemon Pudding Chippers

Every time I go to make a dessert my first thought is chocolate. What can I say, it's my fave. But once in a while I want something lighter/different so I hit up pinterest! And these lemon cookies were a rare pinterest success story! Soooo yummy.

I like to make them bite-sized (Paradise Bakery chippers anyone?!) so people are more likely to grab a few :). Also don't be alarmed if the batter is suuuuuper thick and hard to stir! It was for me (broke my spatula?) so I was pretty doubtful but they turned out great. 


Lemon Pudding Chippers

Ingredients: 

- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1 small box lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 c flour
- 1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips (mini might be better for chipper-sized!)
- zest from 1 lemon
- yellow food coloring (optional)

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 375* 
- Cream together sugar and butter
- Mix in egg and milk
- In separate bowl combine sour cream, pudding, salt, soda and lemon juice (warning: THICK!)
- Combine sour cream mixture with butter mixture and flour
- Mix everything until smooth
- Mix in white chocolate chips, zest and 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Place quarter-sized balls of dough on slipmat on cookie sheet
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, depending on oven (mine took 5 min and 45 sec)
- They should look gooey when you take them out! Smack down the cookie sheet and let them sit there for a minute, they will harden as they cool
- Transfer to a cooling rack or parchment paper
- Enjoy! :) 

Recipe slightly adapted from Butter with a Side of Bread ( here)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016