4/27/16

My Love Affair with Trader Joe's {Produce and Such}


If you've talked with me for more than 5 minutes you know that I am a little obsessed with all things Trader Joe's. To the point where I unconsciously prefer anything TJ's over every other brand. (Except their ketchup. EW. Cue Jimmy Fallon.) I didn't realize the full glory that is Trader Joe's before moving to Salt Lake, where I now have one 10 minutes away! They've created the friendliest environment, and even though they are all over the country I still feel like it's some darling local market. From the cute handwritten signs to the mini shopping carts for kids to the cheeky Fearless Flyer (monthly magazine),  I'm pretty in love with all of it. The checkout lady at register #4 may or may not know my name and how many teeth Lydia has. And apparently I just feel so passionate about sharing my favorite finds that I walked around the store for an hour and took over 50 pictures! Ha. There are way too many items for one post, so I'll break it up for ya by section. These are roughly ordered by how I walk through the store ;).

Trader Joe's // Produce and Such


First off, TJ's has the cheapest flowers in all the land. And let's appreciate the calligraphy! 


I love buying their bags of greens (kale, spinach, arugula) because all I have to do is literally open the bag and I'm half way to saladville. Pre cleaned! Also cheap.


Riced cauliflower is such a great sub for actual rice. Quicker, tastier and healthier. Boom.


How fun are these colorful carrots? So very Ina Garten-y when roasted.


Love pomegranates, hate the work. Voilá, Trader Joe's to the rescue again! 



Michael and I eat their salads for lunch at least twice a week. Unlike most grocery store pre made salads that include a grand sum of lettuce, diced ham, gross cheese and a hard boiled egg, these salads are BOMB. Packed with flavor and unique combos. This Lemon Chicken Arugula is a personal fave, we also like BBQ Chicken, Mexicali, Butternut Squash and Wheatberry, basically you can't go wrong here or with their wraps. 


In a similar vein, this stuff is addicting. So so yummy with crackers for a simple lunch.


Michael's favorite hummus to date.

Between Lydia and me we eat about two string cheeses a day! And these ones are cheap and tasty.


So there's the beginning of my Trader Joe's Public Service Announcements, I have about 4 more posts of items! ;) What are your favorite products from there? 








No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016