4/24/18

That Time I Wanted to Punch All the Moms at the Zoo

Last week we were having one of those days, you know the type. Kids seemed instantly tired from the second they woke up, I made four different breakfasts for Lydia, I was pulled out of my gym class because Cannon wouldn't stop crying at daycare - just one of those. So we met up with friends at the zoo thinking the kids could burn off some steam. OUR BAD. They were terrible. Cannon screamed unless he was eating and Lydia sprinted away from us any chance she got. At the zoo's park Lydia kicked and yelled and refused to keep her shoes on, and suddenly I realized we'd created a nice little audience! No less than ten moms and dads were sitting silently on the benches staring at our circus. So the kids decided to carpe the freakin diem and put on a whole fancy show. YAY! Cannon was screeching and twisting and resisting anything I gave him. Lydia was shouting, "NOOO! NOOO MOM!!" and throwing in more of those lovely kicks as I tried to reason with her. All ten super parents were amused and beaming that it wasn't their kids. So then I felt silently pressured into following through with my stern time out threats and now they got an even better show as I tried to force Lydia to sit in a corner. At the zoo. HAHAHA. Meanwhile all twenty eyes saw Cannon pour the entire ziplock of goldfish onto the ground and then all twenty eyes immediately darted to me to see if I was going to pick them up. (I did not. Oops.) I was so bugged by everyone just watching smugly, I was this close to saying, "It will be yours tomorrow so stop staring!" Buuuuut instead we just hightailed it out of there as fast as possible, screaming kids flailing in the stroller and goldfish crumbs flying behind us. HA. Oh guys, we are one HECK of a class act these days ;).


TOP (similar) //  JACKET (similar) //  DENIM // Shoes  HERE or  HERE

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016