2/19/16

Lovish Stuff

Alternate title: Why Getting Hitched the Day After Valentine's Day has Pros and Cons


As much as I enjoy having a two straight days (or a whole weekend, in this case) dedicated to love, I feel like we kind of cut corners and smoosh it all into one event ;). In my mind it must be kind of like having your birthday right next to Christmas. Do you December babies like it? 

But on the other hand it is fun trying to be uber romantic and surprise-y two days in a row!


This year, Michael had to study on Saturday (the 13th), so Lydia and I drove up 
to campus and met him for a quick lunch.

On Sunday (Valentine's Day!) I woke up to a whole display of flowers, candy, 
decorations and a pink present that he'd set up the night before.


And then before Michael woke up I quickly added a few things for him (to the left) and 
whipped up some nutella crepes! I'd never made crepes before, but those things are a cinch! 
Literally 5 minutes to a fancy breakfast.


Pink and purple vintage 80s dress I thought was fitting for V day :).

Then after church we visited Papa and Nana (Michael's paternal grandparents) 
who live right next to campus. They are the most positive and selfless people. Papa just had another heart attack, yet he's always offering to make us food and dropping off gifts! 

Then on Monday (our three year anniversary!) I again woke up to a surprise. 


The New Balance tennies I've been eyeing for weeks!! I really lucked out with the most
thoughtful man around.

Michael studied all morning and then we took a quick drive up to 
Park City to walk around Main Street.


It was overcast and freezing, but just the break we needed to hang out and talk 
and pop into all the fun shops and art galleries.


Lydia might possibly be the easiest baby ever. She never cries, and when she's extremely tired 
she - get this - laughs. What baby laughs when they're exhausted?? I almost feel guilty.

Almost ;).

We are so in love.


Of course it's never too cold for ice cream. 



Thanks babe for the best three years of my life! I am not exactly what you would call "chill," and I know I can be all over the place sometimes, but thank you for being patient with me as I try and become better. You are the perfect partner for me, and I'm so grateful to be on your team for eternity. 

Mushy much? :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016