2/22/16

6 months going on 16


This new "no naps" thing is a fun challenge. Lydia wakes up at 7:30am, doesn't fall asleep until late afternoon (I try putting her down sooo many times before then, she just cries for 45 minutes straight), and then only sleeps from like 3-3:30pm until bedtime at 7:30pm.

WHAT??

Good thing she's dang cute ;).

I mean I really can't complain, because I would take sleeping through the night no question over napping during the day. But once in a while it would just be really nice if she would go down for an hour or two so I could clean or read or learn how to blow dry my hair with these new bald patches (a story for another day... postpardum hairloss is REAL I tell you - I don't care what they say about only losing what you didn't lose in pregancy. Lies.). Thankfully Lydia is a pro at outings! This girl really likes to hit the town. She is happiest when we are walking to our ghetto gas station for soda, perusing down the magical aisles at Target, or sampling hummus at Costco. My kind of girl! 

2 comments :

  1. I'm totally loving your blog Annika! This post just reminded me so much of Eliza, I swear her and Lydia are kindred spirits. She didn't nap really until about a month or two ago and now she's started to sleep for - get this - two hours sometimes. Two! Literally I didn't know what to do with myself when this happened for the first time and I checked on her like four times past 40 minutes. It's hit and miss. Like today was 45 minutes but yesterday and the day before a solid two hours so there is hope for you! But I felt like I couldn't really complain much because she slept through the night and I agree that I would take that over naps any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! They must've been besties in heaven or something because they're totally on the same track. That's really comforting to hear though that it's not just Lydia haha. And I'm with you, if she sleeps longer than 30 minutes I think something's wrong! Miss you :)

      Delete

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016