7/21/16

Big Apple, Family Style!



This summer my family did something totally out of our norm - we spent a week wandering the streets of New York City! Past summer vacations typically have included beaches, Utah or once in a while Europe, but with all us girls we decided it was time to dress up cute and see some shows and get our shop on! We stayed in an incredible apartment in Harlem and took metros into downtown (and ubers if we were late ;) ). I've always considered myself a city girl, but a week in NYC with a baby is pretty exhausting! Kudos to all you moms who live in big cities and do it full time.


Top of the Rock! Best view in town.





We had to stop by The Met, of course.


This bright pink and gold paintings were by far my favorite!


My gorgeous seeestas.


The Fashion in an Age of Technology exhibition was beautiful! (And packed!)






After a few hours in The Met, we sat on the famous steps and split pretzels and hotdogs from one of a thousand vendors sprinkled all over the city.


Dad really putting some oomph into it ;).


Our daily routine of walking around Central Park.



So... yes Lydia's blurry and yes she kind of resembles a rag doll. But I had to show you her little happy face!


Ooh so artsy ya? ;)


When scrolling back through my New York photos I sadly realized that 80% of them are in subways? Guess that's the only time we stopped to think about pictures hahaha. So here you go! Girls in Subway 1/378.


We had to sample lunch and pastries at the legendary Balthazar, and we voted that the goat cheese tart, beef stroganoff and banana bread donut lived up to the hype!



Lydia made friends with basically everyone we sat next to on the metros. This man's sweet face is priceless! He was playing peekaboo with her and making her laugh the entire 30 minute ride. People like him make my day! The city was full of darling strangers who were so kind to her (and me!).


Isabel's current obsession


After watching Wicked one night (amazing, of course!!) we split a few Momofuku Milk Bar treats - such an interesting taste! 


I've seen various Cirque du Soleil shows a few times before, and each performance is outstanding! Just like I can hardly watch olympic gymnastics (what if they smack their head on the beam???), sometimes I can barely watch the acrobats for fear they'll fall - but so far that hasn't happened while I've watched haha. They are awesome!


And when the semi-creepy Spanish-speaking Minnie and Cookie Monster literally sneak up from behind you and put their arms around you, I guess you just smile and go with it ;).

More NYC pics to come!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016