1/28/17

Frozen Zoo Date & Valentine's Cards!

Ahh you guys sorry I've been the worst at posting the last couple weeks! My mind is in full blown baby mode and it's that perfect level of stress - enough to keep me really busy, but enjoyable so I'm stoked to wake up every morning and tackle my to-do list. I seriously am most happy when I have too many things to do and not enough time! Weird I know. And all this is with my little shadow of course. Lydia insists on doing e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. I do. I do dishes, she wants to do dishes. I eat jicama sticks, she wants jicama sticks (she hates jicama sticks). I spray perfume, she wants perfume. Haha it literally means everything takes twice as long, but it's pretty cute so we'll go with it.

On the baby note, I'm re-reading Bringing Up Bebe and loving it! I only read a few books when I was pregnant with Lydia, and Bringing Up Bebe is one of my favorites. Highly recommend to all preggos out there! It's more of a memoir style book, but talks about this lady's experience raising children in France and everything she learned. And anything French must be awesome right? ;)

But really, there are some super helpful nuggets in there about how to raise children who play on their own and eat their veggies and sleep through the night at six weeks, etc. 

Also I walked in on Lydia sitting in the rocking chair cradling Baby Doll and giving her kisses the other day! My heart about burst! 

Also also the mailman gave what I'll regard as the HIGHEST FORM OF COMPLIMENT EVER by asking me (almost 9 months pregnant) if I had my baby already. Bless you kind (blind?) man!!!

Oh and these pictures! These are the zoo. Obvs. Michael and I took Lydia for 45 minutes today and we only saw like three other people the whole time. The one benefit of going when it's below freezing?

Wait for it...

Valentine's cards!!

I'm so happy with how these turned out! Growing up my mom always did Easter cards instead of Christmas cards, so I have been wanting to do something a little special as well. I used Minted for Lydia's birth announcements and loved how they turned out, so I was excited to use them again for this. And free recipient addressing! Holler.

Now back to the zoo. 

Do you like how random this post is? Kind of a sneak peak into how all over the place my mind is right about now. 


Look at that toddler! Time really is flying, and I'm trying to strike the balance between getting a million baby things done everyday (organize every closet! sanitize old bottles! line up babysitters!), and finding the time to just be still and enjoy Lydia. Because before I know it this "bibi brudda" is gonna be here! 

Jacket: J.Crew (doesn't quite button right now ;) )
Shirt: Target maternity 
Denim: H&M maternity 
Tennies: New Balance
Lydia's jacket: Gap
Lydia's hat, mittens, jeans: Target
Lydia's boots: H&M

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016