1/23/17

The Fastest Family Pics in History

Last weekend my sister Olivia flew in from San Francisco and stayed with us! And Lydia was IN LOVE with Aunt "Weevee". Like always insisted that Olivia hold her, not me. Ha! We had such a fun time just running errands together and hanging out and talking about everything. Sisters are the best :). 

The whole weekend I had been telling everyone that we were going to have Livi take some family pics for us, since I don't think we've had real family pictures since a week after Lydia was born. And while those were pretty, I was super post-pardum chubby and Lydia was tiiiiiiny and we just need something slightly more updated. But we got so busy doing things all weekend that finally the night before Livi left we only had Michael for like 15 minutes! So we hurried and threw some outfits together, all based on the dress Lydia was already wearing, and then headed to the backyard - HA. Not quite the winter wonderland or city-scape I was envisioning, but it worked! We stood by our fence for all of 3 minutes, snapped 40 pictures and then called it a shoot! Michael was pretty stoked :). So I guess we'll just have to wait till Baby Boy comes to get some legit photos.

I ran into Carter's to buy some boy onesies, and when I came out Lydia was laughing her head off at Olivia smashing the snow! Hahaha. It was the cutest little moment. Watch a clip of it on my instagram  here

And we decided to try Cubby's for breakfast! Michael and I love their tri-tip steak salad and sandwich (well really we love everything there), so we were stoked to try brunch. And it did not disappoint! We split the egg white breakfast burrito and the brioche french toast.

YUM.


Best buds. 

Ooh also, so many random things have happened this week since Livi left! 

For starters, I hate Zara. 

Like I love Zara but I am mad at them. I first discovered Zara 6 years ago when I did study abroad in Spain (Zara began in Spain). I thought I found the best store on earth. Which I kind of did, their stuff is pretty amazing, their prices are decent, and their kid clothes and shoes are high quality.

So I recently stocked up on a lot of clothes for Lydia and Baby Boy since they were running a huge kids sale online. But when I got the package, so many things were wrong! First off, a tee shirt had a button completely broken in half and the tags were missing (they must've just sent me a return). Then a pair of joggers was just missing, they sent me two pairs of shoes that I never ordered, and there was no order slip or anything legit-looking! Also their kids clothes run HUGE, which I knew, but I should've sized everything down a bit for Lydia. So that's my bad. 

To spare details I literally have been on the phone with Zara FIVE TIMES just trying to get them to send me out the pants I never got and exchange the broken tee. And still nothing is really resolved. Ugh so frustrating.

Also, Michael and I about killed each other sticking up this amazing white brick wallpaper in the nursery! ;) Haha. We were initially going to paint, but I found this awesome self-adhesive wallpaper at Target and decided that'd be a lot easier and not much more money. 

It actually ended up being a super easy process once we got it all figured out, the first roll was just the death of us. Two type A personalities + one tiny yet lopsided nursery = fireworks (not the good kind ;) ). But I'm so happy with how it's turning out!! Target only had two rolls in store, so the rest are coming in the mail today and we can hopefully finish it this week. 

Oh by the way these are oreo-pops. They look like oreo-poops but I promise they were edible. And Lydia insists on standing right next to me at all times in the kitchen. 

Also, the funniest thing all week happened last night. I put Lydia down in her toddler bed for the night, and she did amazing! But I can't sleep (thank you third trimester insomnia), so I was up from about 3am-6am reading and sending emails. Around 4:45am I hear Lydia just happily talking to herself and singing little songs. Adorable. Then I hear laughing! And I listen closer and realize Lydia is fake burping and then LAUGHING at herself! All alone in the pitch dark in her big girl bed, just fake burping! LOL. I am completely blaming this one on Michael ;). Hahaha. I had to walk to the basement so she didn't hear me giggling. She's the sweetest. 

So grateful for this gang!

Red coat: J.Crew
Yellow dress: Anthropologie 
Suede booties: Sam Edelman 
Lydia's yellow dress: Target
Lydia's tights: Target
Lydia's boots: Zara
Lydia's pink beanie: Target
Lydia's jacket: Gap
Striped turtleneck & necklace: J.Crew
Striped dress: thrifted in the Dominican Republic!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016