5/2/17

Thorns and Roses (and the zoo!)


Last Thursday morning I got a call from Michael - which actually kind of freaked me out. He NEVER calls during the day. Well turns out he just wanted to take a break, ha! So we ditched our to-do list and roamed the zoo for an hour!

And Lydia was stoked. Let's be real, Daddy's her favorite. He comes home from school and they immediately jump on the bed and wrestle and tickle and I'm just like, "Sheesh sorry I'm so boring all day Lydia!" ;)

ALSO THE SEA LION WAS TOTALLY SHOWING OFF FOR US!

Moms kind of get the stinky end of the deal when it comes to discipline! Because when I'm home all day I have to be the one to say No we can't step on baby brother's head and Stop we don't smear banana into the window and If you keep whining you're going to Time Out! 

Speaking of Time Out, I remember reading (long before I had kids) about its alternative - where instead of making the child stay by themselves, the parent took the child to a special corner for Time In, and the two of them cuddled and bonded and talked about what went wrong and what behavior to change. And I totally vowed to my pre-parent self to never use lame Time Out and always cuddle and bond with Time In. HA! Joke's on me! Time In is clearly for those with a higher tolerance for whining and/or less than two kids. Sooo we're re-instating regular Time Out and hoping it starts working pretty soon ;).

My last Thorns and Roses was back when Cannon was just a couple weeks old, see it  here! Can't believe I already have a two-month-old. Pretty soon he'll be crawling and I'll be baby hungry again. 

(Kidding!)


Thorns: 

- You know your yard looks terrible when 3 people (including the mailman) stop and make comments, and ward friends start offering to come mow your lawn. SORRY EVERYONE! So embarrassing. 

- K this is medium creepy but at the zoo we went to the ape exhibit for the first time, which in and of itself is pretty surreal since we look so similar - hello 98% same DNA! The ginormous ape is staring right at us, we're both checking each other out, then he gets up and starts heading towards us, and then BLAH just throws up and starts picking through it and eating it!!! Grossest/weirdest moment of my life. 

- OH and Lydia's started taking off her diapers. So that's fun.


Roses: 

- Cannon is such a champ!! (Not to be confused with chimp, ew.) Literally he is a whole new baby. I think God at first was like, "Annika you can handle a hard baby!" and then after watching me struggle for a few weeks he thought, "Just kidding, you can't!" and totally took it all back. Cannon is pretty much a dream. He smiles all day and puts up with Lydia's constant desire to take out and re-insert his binky.

- Working out in the basement with two kids is hilarious, so I'm tacking it under Roses because I'm sure I'll look back and laugh. Lydia thinks my heavy breathing equates to hurt, so she keeps running over to give me kisses - HA! And then she tries to feed me plastic food in between lunges and demands to only listen to Frozen music, which clearly makes for a very hard core workout.

- And although the med students are crazy busy (and all us wives are dying at their insane schedules), the countdown is on baby!! Less than a month until we get an ENTIRE 10 DAYS with no school! We cannot wait. 


Tee: Nordstrom, similar  here
Denim: Madewell  here (favorite jeans I've ever owned!)
Sweater: Free People, similar  here
Hat: Piper & Scoot, similar  here
Shoes: boutique, similar  here
Stroller cover: Covered Goods  here


No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016