5/23/17

Nursery Makeover!

Growing up with an interior designer mother has been the BEST. Everything she touches turns to magic, so my house gets cuter and cuter with each visit from Mom :). She's taught me so many design tips throughout the years, and now that I have my own home it's been fun to implement some of them! We have different tastes but the rules of decorating stay pretty much the same.

Today I want to show you guys our boy & girl nursery! I am SO happy with how it turned out.

So first off, the before! 

BEFORE

I really disliked this wallpaper from the beginning. It was already there when we moved in and we were having a baby (Lydia!) a few weeks later and didn't want to mess with it. We added lots of homemade decorations which was cute but a little cluttered.

AFTER

Ta-da! Gender neutral! 
There's still quite a lot going on (actually more - I had to add an entire toddler bed!), but the room feels a lot less busy. 

BEFORE

Okay I know it's hard but don't be too jealous of my amazing postpartum bod two years ago with Lydia ;). LOL. I think my booty was bigger than J-Lo's and Beyonce's combined. Good times guys.

AFTER

A lot more cleaned up! 

So the first thing I did was pick a color scheme based off a fabric; that's what my mom always starts with. In this case I started with two: the black/white/mint cross quilt (made by my mother-in-law!) and the cloud sheets from Land of Nod.

After deciding on colors we immediately got to work fixing the wallpaper situation. I ordered this amazing self-adhesive brick wallpaper from Target - it's like a giant sticker roll! It took two straight days to lay everything correctly (and lots of Daniel Tiger for Lydia - oops), but it makes a huge difference.

Then after the new wallpaper was up everything else came together pretty easily! I was worried about adding an entire bed to an already tiny room, but somehow it all fits and doesn't feel too tight. We swapped the bookshelf for a small bin of books under the lamp and all the toys are just in one big basket instead of 3 small ones.


And then I just scoured the Target dollar section, DI and the Hobby Lobby clearance aisle for decor for the gallery walls and shelves. It's amazing what you can spruce up with a can of spray paint ;). 




So there you have it! I am by no means a decorator but I love walking into this room now, which is all that matters!

Wallpaper: Target
Crib & Dresser: Restoration Hardware
Rocking Chair: Pottery Barn
Toddler Bed: Amazon
Side Table: Overstock
Gold Pouf: Land of Nod
Fur Rug: IKEA
Stripe Throw & Pillow: IKEA
Fur Pillow: Target dollar section
Cross Quilt & Pillow: mother-in-law (thank you!!)
Cloud Sheets: Land of Nod
Mountain Pillows: boutique 
Changing Cover Pad: Amazon
Geometric Mobiles: handmade by Michael - they're actually straws!
Felt Ball Garland: Zurchers
C & L Letters: Hobby Lobby
White Shelves: Target
Mint Mirror: black Walmart mirror that I spray painted
Pink Piano: baby shower gift when I had Lydia!
Knick Knacks: Target, Hobby Lobby or DI

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016