6/15/17

AZ Retreat!


When Michael was studying for his board exam last month I took the kiddos down to Arizona! We weren't seeing much of Michael anyways so we figured PEACE OUT! Sorry babe.

Aaaaaand I have to admit, it was a little rough. Not the actual traveling part, Lydia and Cannon were amazing on the flight. But the out-of-routine part kind of killed us all. Neither of them slept great (read: they slept horribly) which then put me in exhausted survival mode for a month, woot woot! 

But there definitely were some awesome moments! Lydia LOVES her Papa and Nana, so waking up and seeing them everyday was heaven for her. 

And Legoland was a blast!

Also Lydia's first "bike" ride was a success, even if my awkward hunching-over-the-tiny-bike pose wasn't ;).

Cannon's already like double this size. He really chunked up in AZ! Must've been all the mexican food.

So in thinking back I thought I figured out why this trip was such a challenge (see Lydia's face), besides the obvious fact that there were now two kids:

Toys! 

I know, I wanted a way cooler answer, too. At home I can take a shower while Lydia cuts wooden fruit, and do my makeup while she puts all her stuffed animals to sleep, and then pay bills as she stacks her blocks. 

But my parents have a whole closet full of our old toys, so lack of toys isn't the issue. Playing with the toys was the problem. In the new environment she didn't feel comfortable enough to play with new things by herself. So I guess lack of independent play in a new place was the issue?

Which resulted in a month of zero alone time. PARTAY!

Okay random rant over.

How gorgeous is my mom's ring. I picked it out for her a few years back on a cruise and I still love it so so much.

The third sister to graduate high school! Congrats Isabel you cute thang!

Toros forever.

Probably the happiest moment of Lydia's AZ time was the "beach"! Homegirl is so obsessed with the water.

Workin on that postpartum beach bod... it'll come back eventually right? ;). It is TOUGH WORK after kid #2. And with my first I didn't lose all the weight till I stopped nursing, but with Cannon nursing is going better so I don't want to give it up yet! But a teeny tiny selfish part of me kind of does because: love handles. SHHH I know, bad mom.

Ooooh definitely a highlight of the trip! ;) Any guesses which won?

My cute mama and very best friend!

And closing out with the world's best sport! I hadn't picked up a racket in months (years??) but it felt so good to hit for a little! Anyone in Utah want to play?! I'm DYING to get back into it!

Up next: Cali Adventures! Michael finished his boards, flew to AZ, and then we road tripped all together to CA. So I'll post those pics as soon as I can string together more than 4 hours of sleep! ;) (COME ON CANNON JUST SLEEP ALREADY.)

White Top: J.Crew
Denim: Target
Pink Loafers: AMAZON!! Score.
Grey T-Shirt Dress: GAP
Printed Skirt: Anthro (8 years old!)
Black Top: Nordstrom
Dalmation Swimsuit: Old Navy
Lydia's Swimsuit: Ralph Lauren
Striped Tee: Madewell
Workout Top & Shorts: Lulu


No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016