3/22/16

Family, Meet SLC

Once upon a time, in a land where houses are teeny tiny, 5 people stayed in my basement! 


Namely my three little sisters plus my mom and dad. Partay!


Laptop filling in for Dad ;).

Their four day stay included lots of eating out, shopping, 
laughing, and staying up way too late talking.

I'll include some of the places we ate at and what we liked!

The Original Pancake House // 
California Omelet (light cheese! they give wayy too much) is great. 
Split that and substitute the included side of buttermilk pancakes for any of their fun flavors.


Cutest people, right?


 Only slight bummer was that it was exactly when Lydia was teething. Which apparently for her means being suuuper clingly - no one else could hold her basically the entire time! If she was hungry, I was the only one who could give her a bottle. If I left the room, she'd scream until I was back.
So not like her! Poor thing. So we just did lots of cuddles and tylenol and 3am bottles :/. But at least
now she's got two bottom teeth to show for it!

Dinner at Cubby's! My AZ fam had never been (even though it's a classic in Provo and now Salt Lake), so it was fun to introduce them! 

Cubby's //
Tri - tip steak salad, of course. Fan fave forever and always amen. Cilantro dressing is killer.
Buffalo chicken salad was just what you'd expect - yummy and muy buffalo saucy!
Sweet potato fries are great per usual. Michael loves the rosemary fries here but I actually don't think they're that amazing? You decide.
I can't vouch for their sandwiches but they all look awesome!


My sweet dad. So patient with all of us girlies HA! There's a special spot in heaven for 
dads with all girls, I think ;).


So my sisters had never been to Ikea!!! And I needed to get a few things (highchair, desk), so I thought this would be the best two hour adventure. I am seriously in love with Ikea! 


(Contrary to this snapchat) they weren't quite as pumped as me. I think I built it up too much by saying it's kind of like Disneyland but with cheaper food? ;)


Peek at the chair I got for my new desk.

Then we drove down to Provo to try out Nico's (Kortni Jeane's husband) new restaurant, 
Good Thyme! 


Chef Nico! Lydia (who had been all sorts of clingy, remember) LOVED him! 
Giggled at him for a good 10 minutes. So I think she's already into boys.



The food was amazing! The concept is similar to the restaurant Lemonade (in CA) wherein you see all the different dishes and you walk down and point at which ones you want. Which is perfect for someone like me who A) is way too indecisive when it comes to food and would rather share everything and B) likes to see my food before I have to order. Also the food was so fresh! 
We all ordered the Protein Plate, which means you choose 
three cold sides (aka unique salads!), one protein and one hot side. 
Perfect meal! Heavy on the veggies, you get to totally create your own meal, etc.

Good Thyme //
Jicama apple slaw was really refreshing! Great bright flavors.
Beet salad (not pictured) was unique and a hit!
Whatever meat this was (can't remember) was TO DIE FOR. Seriously the most flavorful steak I have ever had, and I'm not a huge steak person! The chimichurri sauce was EXCELLENT.


And then after eating so healthy you have to reward yourself with some ice cream, naturally ;).


Roll With It (attached to Good Thyme) is the coolest (hehe) ice cream concept. Apparently Kortni's brother (who runs Roll With It, I believe) first saw the idea in Thailand! Cream and toppings are poured onto a wide shallow pan, then constantly stirred, then once adequately hardened the ice cream is scraped up into rolls! (I only got the scraping part on snapchat - shoot!)


Roll With It //
Salted pretzel caramel with vanilla base (not pictured) = awesome. We all loved the added crunch of the pretzel bits.
Oreos and peanut butter with chocolate base was a personal fave. Give me 
ALL the chocolatey peanut buttery things. 


One morning, Michael and I were even able to sneak away from Lydia long enough to go to the temple! My mom meets Lydia's new apparent requirement of being blonde, so Lydia liked her. Lydia's a little (lot)... hairist. She is only happy being held by blondes! So now that the blonde lady at my gym's day care isn't there, we are running into some serious clinginess issues (hence I've gotten pulled out of gym classes the last FOUR TIMES!). Hahaha. 


Finger courtesy of Isabel.

Well this post is getting ridiculously lengthy so
my mom's birthday celebration pics
 are coming up later!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016