3/31/16

Lydia Sue I Love You.




I cannot get enough of you Lydia, you are quite the dream. I think this month was my favorite yet. Your personality is starting to peek its way out, and my front row seat for this evolution is just the best. Your big innocent grin melts my heart and erases all my impatience. I love your bowed lips and the way your tongue points out slightly when you are happy. Your new constant squaking is hilarious and darling and impressively loud. Thank you for all the spit bubbles you are blowing at me, you are so kind! ;) Those huge curious blue eyes are absolutely beautiful and help remind me to slow down and see life like you see it, full of mini adventures and challenges: Climb on the laundry basket! Pull down all the books! Some days you are squirmy and feisty and get into every trash bin and outlet and decoration in sight (let the messes begin ;) ). Other times you sit silently and study a balloon or a book for 20 minutes straight. I love your little yoga pose, with one skinny leg stretched hiiiigh in the air. I applaud your adventurous eating; you've liked everything you've tried - minus bananas. You spit those slimy things right out. When Daddy comes home and tickles you, your happy little giggle is infectious and adorable. Confession: the last three nights I've gotten you out of your crib and just snuggled you for a little because I missed your perfect pink cheeks and tiny fingers and mile-long lashes. (Crazy I KNOW! Two months ago I would've never dreamed of touching a sleeping baby. Now I miss playing with you! Ha.) I love how you swing your legs and smile in excitement every time you get to sit in the shopping cart at Target and we bump along the road. I love how you feed yourself bits of berries and bread and usually miss but sometimes make it! I loved today when I set up a trail of Cheerios and you happily crawled along and ate them all. I don't love when you're exhausted and refuse to nap, but you're so stinkin cute I guess we'll just sit and cuddle and read your 2 favorite touch-and-feel books again and again. Your new shyness is comical - when you see a stranger you immediately look at the ground! If you can't see them they can't see you, right? I love when I run upstairs to grab something, and come back to see you at the bottom staring up, looking for me. Whenever you are sad or scared or hungry or tired you just want me - your mama. What an honor. It is such a sacred calling and blessing to be your mother. I heard recently that love is making room for someone else. I'm so lucky to be given the chance to love you, it is not hard at all to make room for someone so perfect. You are everything, Lydia Sue. 








(Couldn't decide on a headband ;) )

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016