3/28/16

Because He Lives


Happy Easter! This year Easter has taken on a whole new meaning for me.


Basically all because of this little girl :). Growing up I've heard a thousand times, Families are Forever. Which is beautiful. I've always loved the concept (except when your sisters steal your clothes or break your ipod and you think, do I have to be with her forever? ;) ). 


But this year, with a daughter of my own, I literally cannot picture eternity without her. And on a similar note, I cannot picture it all just ending after this life. There is no way that these bonds are not divine. It is such a comfort and blessing knowing that because my Savior suffered for my sins and then overcame death, I can be with these two for eternity. Sometimes in all the activities of the church (callings, visiting teaching, family home evening, activities, standing in the hall with a baby for all three hours of church, etc), it is easy to lose sight of what it is really all about. I love this quote from Joseph Smith, "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it." It puts everything into perspective and reminds me that it really is all about the Atonement and Resurrection of Christ.


And I love how succinctly Elder Dallin H. Oaks puts it,

"The Resurrection is a pillar of our faith. It adds meaning to our doctrine, motivation to our behavior, and hope for our future." 


Church yesterday was a wonderful mix of music, speakers and lessons centered on Christ. Also, this fantastic 65-year-old lady in our ward played a piece on her neon pink violin - she is my idol. Then Michael let me take a 2 hour nap while he did alllllll the dishes from our party the day before (major brownie points for like the next two months), and then we went to Michael's Papa and Nana's house for Easter dinner!


Sarah and Paige at Papa and Nana's! (Please note the U flag. To say "huge fans" would be an understatement.)


Paige's adorable boy William. Is he not the cutest? He even did a couple dancing/singing performances for us :).


Cousins Lydia and Lucy! She is the sweetest little babe ever. Thanks to Mama Joan for the coordinating Easter outfits! 


Attempt at getting a standing pic ;).


Hallelujah! He is Risen.

Click here to see Mormon.org's new video for Easter!


PS both photos of the Oakland temple were taken by amazing sister Olivia!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016