12/5/16

Life Lately



I've been trying to get over my sour puss attitude about the weather and just embrace it! Easier said than done... but a few things have helped. First and foremost, this girl:




She is in her happiest phase yet. She's been sleeping in till 8am every morning, she has the sweetest conversations with herself all day, she is sooooo lovey and touchy-feely (totally my daughter - I'm all about hugs and back scratches and cuddles). I'm just trying to soak it all up since I know it could go away any second! Because #toddler.




Anthro really nailed it with this one. 


Family of (almost) four! We're a week away from third trimester and I'm starting to get all those concerned strangers asking, "So when exactly are you due?" aka, "Should I be worried that you might go into labor right here in aisle 7?"  


Loving this Trader Joe's wreath on our front door!


And this mini one for our kitchen :).


Look at the fear! Lydia is now officially scared of the doctors office. She remembered it!! The moment we walked in for her check up a few days ago she started crying and clinging on to me. And when we had to put her on the table for her shots she started screaming before the nurse even touched her! Poor thing. Although I'm obviously 100% for vaccinations it is pretty heartbreaking watching them look up at you with those big terrified eyes. Now at all my OBGYN appointments she insists on me holding her the whole time - ha. Makes for an interesting fetal heartbeat check ;).


Nachooooooo! Name that movie.


It's getting really hard to get dressed every day. Hmm.. leggings and a huge sweater - again!

Also I've been trying to figure out how to hide the ring of hair breakage at about cheek level that circles my entire head. I'm telling you, I've had more hair problems than anyone I know! Between bad coloring jobs/bleach screw ups that fried my hair/postpartum hair loss, I am struggling in the hair department. See this post from a few months ago. And though I've finally got the color back to where I want it, the breakage cannot be fixed!! I literally have a layer of hair that ends at my cheek bones and goes around my whole head. My stylist even said, "It looks like you're one of those people with super short hair trying to wear extensions." Ha! Boooo. It's bad. So hats and beanies have been on regular rotation, and when I curl my hair it's not AS noticeable, but the past few days I've been doing half-ups like I used to do in high school and it's hiding the ring! Granted it's probably very 2008ish of me, but whatever. At this point I'll take outdated over breakage.



(See the hair ring?? Ewwwwwwww)

And no filter could hide my dirty mirror/pile of clothes I need to donate/enormous pregnancy pillow ;).

PS I think my goal this week is to do a blog facelift! I've been looking into some templates on etsy that are relatively inexpensive and cute. Has anyone bought a template before on etsy? Any recommendations? 

2 comments :

  1. I can't even tell!! Your hair looks perfect and it just looks like you got it tapered by your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha these pictures must hide it well then because in person it is awful! But thank you, you're so sweet!! :)

      Delete

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016