12/12/16

Salt & Honey Market


I heart Salt Lake! There are constantly awesome - and free! - events. We hit up all the farmers markets and food trucks in the summer, pumpkin patches in the fall, and now all the unique Christmas shops for winter! Salt & Honey is a Maker's Market, meaning lots of different vendors set up booths at The Gateway mall downtown. I went last May with Libby (see  the post here), and got to go again on Saturday with Lizzy and her daughter Lyla! It is my all-time favorite. I love seeing all the talent these people have! It's just an enormous venue filled with incredible crafts, baby clothes, prints, decor, etc. And I have exactly zero capabilities in that arena so I'm basically just envious the whole time that they are making money doing something they love. Meanwhile I can't hot glue a piece of ribbon cute enough to make Lydia a bow... I should've gone to trade school! I mean what's my degree doing for me anyways? ;) (Kidding Mom! Sort of.)

Oh PS Lizzy and I are due ONE DAY APART! And she's having a girl! Talk about arranged marriage. I'm already so excited to have someone to snapchat all hours of the night when we are nursing/cleaning up blowouts/going crazy. Maybe we'll just move in together and wrangle all the kids and our husbands can live together and study for board exams. Heck maybe we'll line up our babies' schedules and just take shifts, she's M/W/F nights and I'm T/TH nights plus dishes or something. Hehe. But really, I'm so happy about the crazy number of babies being born this spring! I have like ten friends and sister-in-laws all due within a month of me. Party! 

Also we're still accepting any and all baby name ideas... Boy names are rough you guys. Like of course now that we're having a boy I can think of a dozen girl names I absolutely adore and not one single boy name. 

Also also I'm like weirdly out of breath as I sit here and type this? Michael just shrugged and said, "Pregnancy." Which is kind of his new catch-all for everything I tell him. My back hurts! Pregnancy. My bra is too small! Pregnancy. My mom wants to know what you want for Christmas! Pregnancy. He doesn't even listen to me anymore. He just hands me a Pregnancy sticky note. 

Kidding again!

"Girls, hold up your bows!" 

Such fun looms! I feel like this is something I could get into? Like the millennial's version of knitting. 



I want all of these.




















Maybe that's my goal. By the next Salt & Honey market develop some sort of marketable skill! Michael wants me to be an event planner. Anyone have a party you want me to throw? Ha. I'm also a bomb smoothie maker and I can pick up my whole house in 6 minutes! How's that for marketable. Hire me? ;)

Top: Free People
Leggings: H&M maternity 
Boots: Hunter Chelsea
Lydia's Jacket: Old Navy
Lydia's Sweatshirt: Target
Lydia's Leggings: Target
Lydia's Boots: H&M

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016