12/3/16

let it snow / let it snow / let it snow


Helloooo winter!

We are working real hard to embrace the temps over here. As a novice mom I'm quickly learning some pros and cons to snow with a toddler. 

For instance, loading and unloading the car used to consist primarily of Lydia roaming the backyard for 5 minutes while I raced in and out. Now she insists on trekking through the snow. Which means I have to bundle her in 4 different layers. And then she gets wet. And cold. And dirty. And then I don't want her sopping shoes in my car, so then I have to run and grab another pair of shoes. Which means we've already changed outfits before even making it in the car! It's really quite impressive. 

But first thing every morning Lydia bolts to the window and points in awe at the snow, and it's magical and humbling all rolled into one big emotional lump in my mommy throat. And the way her little mouth forms "ho! ho! hooo!" when she sees the Santa ornament. And her darling rosy nose in the cold. I guess there are a few perks.

Okay winter, just maybe we'll survive.


(Also for the record she had a long sleeve onesie under this and a jacket and beanie I took off right  before! So please don't go reporting me.)




Snow capped mountains! 


I was really envisioning us both holding matching mommy and me wreaths butttt that never quite happened ;).



Cheers to boots and hot chocolate and mittens and blankets!

Sweater: thrifted 
Denim: H&M maternity here
Boots: Hunter
Lipstick: MAC Impassioned here
Hair clip: J.Crew
Lydia's sweater: Gap
Lydia's leggings: Carter's
Lydia's boots: Nordstrom Rack
Lydia's bow: A Little Lady Shop
Lydia's mittens: Walmart

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016