4/25/17

I Got Dressed {Sale Finds!}


The last few months several people have messaged me asking for advice about managing finances with a spouse in medical school and kids! Which always makes Michael laugh because I am definitely the spender and he is for sure the saver ;). But I really have improved my spending habits! We now look back on when we were first married and both had jobs and refer to those as our "rich days," haha. With our current budget I've had to make a lot of adjustments, so I'm working on a post all about helpful money saving tips if you're in a similar situation.

One thing I for sure do (that most people do anyways!) is always shop sales. Nowadays it seems like there are promotions going on all the time! 40% off everything, 30% off clearance, Buy One Get One Free, etc. So it is just plain silly to buy anything full priced. (But of course don't just buy something because it's on sale. I've been known to do this...)

At the end of every season I raid the clearance sections of Target, Old Navy, Gap, H&M and Zara to hunt down kids clothes for the following year! 

For example, I found Lydia's dress last August for $5 in the Target Clearance section! And her shoes were part of a sale they were running a few weeks ago.

I spotted this dress on sale at H&M.com way back when I was pregnant with Lydia. And the second I saw it I knew it'd be perfect for a new nursing mama - adjustable tie waist and buttons down the front! So I hurried and snagged it for $7. Score! 

(My shoes on the other hand were given to my by my little sister who still lives at home aka still has lots of parental funding ;). )

But if you're patient enough you really can find discounts - or knock off versions - of everything!

My dress: H&M old, similar here
My shoes: ASOS here
Lydia's dress: Target old, similar here and here
Lydis' shoes: Target here
Cannon's sweater outfit: Gifted

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016