4/21/17

Chicken & Veggie Honey Kabobs

Whenever my mom asked what I wanted for dinner I'd always tell her shish kabobs. I don't know why but I love grilled chicken and veggies. And bonus - it's healthy! As long as you don't totally drown your chicken in bbq sauce - like me ;). I'm a sauce girl. Not to be confused with a saucy girl, but I'm probably a little of that too.

First up, chop all your veggies and chicken.

Then mix together the marinade. This one is so simple and delicious! We made it for friends last summer and they loved it too!

Marinade your veggies and chicken anywhere from 2-24 hours.

Meanwhile soak your skewer sticks.

Then thread your skewers and grill away! 

Mmmmmmmm my fave. Serve with grilled pineapple and bread.

Chicken & Veggie Honey Kabobs

Ingredients: 
- chicken breasts
- bell peppers
- onions
- zuchinni

Marinade: 
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Directions: 
- Chop chicken and veggies into bit-size pieces 
- Place chicken in one zip lock and veggies in another
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a large bowl
- Pour half the marinade into the chicken zip lock and half into the veggies
- Marinade in fridge for 2-24 hours, flipping occasionally 
- An hour before grilling, soak skewers in water
- Preheat grill
- Thread chicken and veggies onto skewers
- Discard chicken marinade, save veggie marinade
- Grill skewers and brush with remaining veggie marinade
- Enjoy!

Recipe from Allrecipes (here)


1 comment :

  1. Delicious food! Thank you for site Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016