4/26/17

On-the-Go Snacks

These days I feel like I do most of my eating in the car. Ha! By the time I get Lydia breakfast, feed Cannon, work out, shower, and get all three of us dressed it's like 10am and we're rushing out the door for some activity. And by then I'm starving! So I've curated quite the list of on-the-go snacks. Anyone who hangs out with me knows I always have at least 2 adult snacks in my bag at all times - plus 3 kid ones - so basically I'm a walking vending machine. Because if I'm starving and don't have food I'm way more tempted to drive through Chik-fil-A, but we are poor! So snacks it is :). Here are my current grab and go favorites, typically paired with an apple/clementine/etc : 

Individual Beef Jerky Packets (here)
HEART EYES. This is my all-time favorite road trip item (along with a huge diet coke and leggings and The Format CD). But I never have time to measure out single servings from a bag, so these packets are perfect. High in protein while low in fat, carbs and sugars. Bam!

Think Thin Bars (here)
These guys are fantastic! I'm so glad there's a new wave of low sugar high protein bars out there - so many of the old "protein bars" had as much sugar as candy bars! Think Thin makes snack size bars, like this Cupcake Batter one (soooo yummy), and also bigger bars that can count as a breakfast or lunch. Other flavors I like are Lemon Delight and Chocolate Fudge.

Pure Protein Bars (here)
Another brand of great low sugar bars. These ones are more filling than Think Thin bars in my opinion! Good flavors include Chocolate Deluxe and S'Mores - and my mom always buys the Chocolate Coconut ones but those are weird so stay away ;).

I also love Oatmega bars! I think I ate one of these every single night the first few weeks I had Cannon and I was starving all the time, haha.

Trader Joe's Individual Nut Packets (here)
I wouldn't deem these as a health food but they're great to throw in your bag! TJ's as tons of different trail mix combinations, some with just nuts and fruits, some with chocolate, some with yogurt bites, etc. And again I'm all about the individual serving sizes! 

Yogurt Covered Raisins (here)
I'm a sucker for anything mini - these tiny boxes clock in at 60 calories, so even though they are straight sugar I don't feel too bad about it. And bonus it can be either Lydia's snack or mine, depending on who's hungrier! ;)

Energy Balls (recipe here
Michael requests these every couple weeks! They really are the perfect in between snack. Definitely dense in nutrients and calories, so go easy on 'em!

String Cheese
When I don't want something sweet, like most of these listed, I grab a string cheese or Babybel. Trying to please my inner 6-year-old.

Or of course you can always just grab a dark chocolate peanut butter cup and bottle of Coke Zero at 9am and call it a win! No judgement here :).

So there are some of my go to snacks as of late! And then I really try and pack in veggies at lunch and dinner to make up for the lack of produce in the morning. What do you guys like?? I always love new snack ideas since I feel like half my life I'm snacking, so lay it on me! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016