10/5/16

Imaginary Closet

Welcome to my imaginary closet - bump edition! (For any new readers you can see an explanation of my imaginary closet here.) It's hard to spend a lot of money on clothes when you are a couple sizes bigger than normal. Ideally I purchase flowy things that can work for the next 5 months of pregnancy and then still work after, just with a little looser fit. My mom actually spoiled me in AZ last week and got me two amazing Free People tunics that fit the bill. Flowy, gorgeous, and great with or without a bump. So far I've been sporting lots of oversized tees (which are luckily a thing right now) and loose flannels/chambrays. I went to City Creek today to return a few things and couldn't help but try on some Madewell pieces! Their stuff kills me.

PS I linked all of the pieces for you!


First off their classic v was on sale for $11 with all the discounts! I have this shirt in two other colors and love it. Good sleeve length, super soft and lightweight but not see-through. I am wearing a medium in this pic because bebe.


And it looks like it would be long enough for at least a few more months!


Next I tried on an array of cozy cardis. This longer flax cardigan physically felt the nicest, but it was a little blah for such a hefty price tag.

PS please note Lydia's enthusiasm. 

This amazing sweater is as gorgeous as it is expensive. Love.


I think this grey sweater was my favorite though! SUUPER soft with slouchy pockets that add some interest and a slightly more fitted cut.


In some alter life I would love to rock vests like this black stripey sale one! The V back is fun.


This colorblock tee had lots of potential but definitely works better on the hanger than on my belly!


Same with this black tee. I loved the longer sleeves and scoop neck, though!


Lots of heart eyes for this cute henley! With the longer sleeve, lower neckline and formed fit this would be good for my (non pregnant) body type.


And someone needs to do me a favor and go by these fantastic fringe clogs for herself right now!


On my way out of the mall I passed through Nordstrom and this ALLSAINTS backpack caught my eye! I've been on the lookout for a cute backpack big enough to fit all my baby stuff, and Fawn Design is out of all the colors I like. This one is way too nice to carry baby wipes/spilled snacks/toys, but pretty cool.


Oh Target, how I love you. This classic flannel popover is not maternity (the maternity flannel fit really really really bad), but I sized up to a large and I think it's cute! 



This oversized plaid tunic is everything my pajamas-yet-socially-acceptable dreams are made of. SO. SOFT.


This maternity mock turtleneck sweater dress was cutesy, not sure if tight stripes are the best for my booty though.


Loose stripes, on the other hand, I am all for!! Really loved this basic swing dress. The sleeves are slightly longer, and even though it's maternity I feel like it would work just as well after the baby.


And lastly, Target always pulls through with their dollar section. I was thisclose to walking out a proud owner of a witch's hat ;).

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016