10/15/16

Gender Neutral Nursery Inspo

If you've ever asked yourself, "I wonder what Annika does when she puts Lydia to sleep and cleans the house and does the dishes and takes off her makeup and Michael is busy studying?" then today is your lucky day! ;) Oh you've never ask yourself that? Hmm... well I'll tell you anyways because that's the kind of oversharing friend I am! 

I pin. 

Yep! I've been mind-planning for months how I'm going to potentially make Lydia's nursery gender neutral, but now that Baby 2 is officially I boy I can start the real planning! First step, pinterest. Lydia's room is lots of blush and hints of mint and grey. We've always said that if we have a boy we'll just swap out the pinks for navy, but as I was playing that through in my head it was looking semi tacky and matchy-matchy for some reason. Plus I am really drawn to black and white lately, which then threw a whole new color scheme into the mix. And on top of that we don't just have endless funds to go redecorating everything. So I felt a little stuck. But low and behold, pinterest came to the rescue! It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize I didn't need to keep holding on to this navy idea, and instead could swap black for navy, and suddenly everything became a whole lot more modern and fun! The walls in Lydia's room are already grey, so I think throwing in more mint and hints of blacks will be enough to make it gender neutral. Though I'm really tempted to repaint two of her walls. We bought the house with this bird wallpaper on two of her walls and we've just kept them, but I don't love it. So we will see how ambitious we feel in the next few months!

Presenting... my current inspo! 










Fun right?? I'm totally loving this color palette. Funny story, Michael actually reminded me that this is exactly what we did for our wedding colors - HA! We originally wanted mint and navy and gold, but it was getting too hard to try and match all the right shades of navy so we just opted for black in the end. Apparently my tastes haven't changed very much in almost four years!

Ha! So there's that. Mint forever and always amen.
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016