10/9/16

It's A Boy!!!



We're having a boy!!!


I AM SO EXCITED! So this whole pregnancy I've been kind of thinking boy, but I didn't want to claim "maternal instincts" because with Lydia I was convinced it was boy too, HA. Wrong-O. But really, every time I pictured this new little babe, or pictured my two kiddos running around playing blocks together, it was always Lydia and a boy. I never pictured two little girls! But all of my family and most of my friends were convinced I was having another girl, so I really had no clue! Literally as we were walking into the ultrasound Michael said, "I'm 99% positive it's a girl." 

Also, I was WAY calmer finding out the gender this time around than last. With Lydia I secretly wanted a girl so badly that I was really nervous for how I would react if I found out it was boy. I know that is pathetic and if Lydia was a boy I would've loved him to pieces, but I just really wanted a little girl first! Don't judge. But going into this ultrasound I was totally split 50/50. I truly wasn't leaning one way or the other, so I just felt calm walking in. I laid on the bed while the ultrasound girl squirted warm gel all over my belly, and Michael tried to keep Lydia calm but she was not having it, ha. I woke her up early from her nap to come to the appointment so she was pretttttty unhappy. The ultrasound tech hurried to the gender so we could find out before Lydia had a complete meltdown. 

The tech asked us, "Are you ready?" I told her our guesses and then she looked at me and said, "Well you're right! It's a boy!" My heart immediately stopped and for some reason my eyes welled up with tears! I had been expecting them to say boy from the beginning, but to hear it out loud that it was truly a little tiny boy in there just made me so emotional! I think it was a mix of excitement and exhaustion and actually a bit of scare - I know nothing about boys! What am I going to do!? I only have sisters and a daughter, I don't know the first thing about raising a little boy! Even though I'd been happily waiting for this news for months, I still got a little panicked. Of course right then is when Lydia was freaking out, so we didn't have much time to celebrate before Michael had to leave with her so our tech could finish the ultrasound. So I laid there in silence just processing it all to myself. A boy!

I am now officially 100% thrilled. I have been up till 1am every night since we found out looking up all sorts of adorable boy things - blue decor, simple clothes, itty bitty boy moccasins, striped beanies, reading all the articles on mom and son bonding - I am so stoked! We all are.

Just kidding, Lydia still has zero idea what's about to rock her world in a few months! Ha ;).


Fun fact, last year with Lydia when we were heading to the ultrasound Michael and I made a deal. If it was a boy, we were going to get dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings afterwards. If it was a girl, we were going to Bombay House (our absolute favorite indian restaurant, also where I told Michael we were pregnant - see here!). So of course last time we celebrated at Bombay down in Provo! 

This time we wanted to keep the tradition alive and we invited a few friends! We told them plan on dinner at 5 but we're not sure where it will be yet, ha! And good thing it was Buffalo Wild Wings because with all the TVs going on in there it was perfect for the kids. Don't think we would've lasted at the whisper-quiet Bombay. It was all meant to be :).



Daddy-Lydi kisses!



Those eyes kill me.


I was planning on getting those ginormous letters balloons to spell out BOY, but turns out Zurchers only sells the giant numbers! Boo! So instead we opted for this 3' round balloon that literally almost didn't fit in my car! Ha. It's amazing. And still floating around my living room if anyone's kids want to come play with it. Best entertainment ever.



Also huge thanks to our friend Mat for taking these pictures as we waited for our food! He also became the pro at Boomerang videos since we made him take like 20 in order to get this instagram post ;). We owe you.


Prepping for all things BOY coming in 5ish months!!!

Top - Target maternity
Denim - Really old Walmart that I cut myself! HA
Boots - Bought in Nantucket, but I've seen them floating around Roolee and Piper & Scoot instagram shops!
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016