10/20/16

Bumpdate: Week 20




Trying to explain that there's a baby in mama's tummy but not in Lydia's :). 

This past month of pregnancy has flown by! Which is such a blessing. I don't think I said those words once with Lydia. Plus it's getting into holiday season aka the most wonderful time of the year aka so many fun things to look forward to! I always need parties/events/activities to look forward to - that's what makes life fun. I am 100% loving the timing of this pregnancy so far. Alrighty - 20 week bump date comin atcha!

How far along: 20 weeks

Fruit size:  Banana

Weight gain: 11 pounds! This has been a "big" month for me ;). Yippeee...

Maternity clothes: Def. All my jeans and leggings are now maternity (I'm on the lookout for navy maternity tights actually - any recommendations? I've found lots of black but no navy.) Luckily tops don't have to be maternity to work. And actually most maternity shirts with the ruching on the sides are still too big for this bump (shocking I know), so I've been sticking to my longer sweaters/cardigans and lots of leggings-are-pants-right?-and-sorry-if-it-doesn't-quite-cover-my-bum-ness. 

Sleep: Great! Not exhausted all the time like before, and Michael is amazed that when my head hits the pillow I fall asleep in like 8 seconds. It's kind of wonderful. I do have fantastically bizarre dreams though, so that's entertaining!

Symptoms: Honestly a lot of the bad ones are gone!! Not nearly as nauseous (I haven't thrown up for over a week!), just sometimes at nights or if I haven't eaten in a couple hours. I've been taking magnesium daily and I haven't had a single leg cramp for weeks! No more headaches either and lately the heartburn hasn't been as consistent. So basically things are going so much better! I don't get any of those glamorous glowy symptoms - my hair doesn't grow and my skin isn't flawless - but hey, I will take not sick any day! 

Food cravings: Not especially! I've been making a lot of whole wheat muffins lately, but that's more out of wanting easy breakfasts than anything. We've been going through those "healthy" popcorns (SmartPop, Boom Chicka, etc) by the bagful since they're just bland and basic and salty and all three of us are obsessed. But again, can't really blame that on the baby ;). (But hoping I can blame the two bags of candy pumpkins I've already eaten on the baby??)

Food aversions: Not more than usual. Wow this is turning into such a boring post! Haha. Seriously I'm at such a good point! I mean I'll have waves here and there where I'm like, "ohmygosh I can't handle the smell of those eggs," or the other day Michael brought home Carls Jr. chicken sandwiches and I couldn't watch him eat it. But in general I've been a lot less queasy about food. 

Gender: BOY!!!!!!!! I am officially so so so excited and happy. I've been googling/pinning baby boy stuff 24/7 since finding out and cannot wait. (Like literally, I already want him here. Michael thinks I'm the most impatient person on earth ;) .) See our gender reveal post here and my gender neutral nursery ideas here

Bump: Huge of course! But it's funny because it totally depends how I dress. I've been sticking to a lot of flowier things that do a pretty good job of hiding it, but the second I wear a tight shirt in public people come up and touch my belly and ask when I'm due - ha. I've just come to accept that this boy is healthy and on the big side (he was measuring big at the appointment) and Lydia was tiiiiiny (6 pounds 1 ounce!) so I can't really compare my bumps. 

Belly button in or out: This is a dumb question for me. I don't know why I picked it. Always in! Another question I almost added: Wedding ring on or off - on! And loose because it's getting cold. I smashed my finger in a door a few years ago, which totally broke my ring, and when they fixed it they stretched it out a bit. So now every winter it's super loose. Which isn't great but I'd rather have that then cutting off my circulation in the summer haha.

Thoughts: I can't believe I'm saying this, but things are not that bad right now!! I still am not one of those crazy pregnancy advocates ("I love being pregnant!" - NO WAY), and to be honest I've been getting really down about how big I'm getting. And not just my belly - my cheeks, my thighs, my arms - it's all growing! But Michael has been super sweet and when I complain he says, "babe, that's exactly what's supposed to happen! You are growing a human and you look gorgeous!" Awwwww. Nice guy. And of course I am 100% grateful to be pregnancy since I know it's a struggle for so many women, so then I feel stupid for complaining. So all in all things are going great! Half way! And hopefully this second half is just as fast as the first.






Typical tantrum.



Dress: Anthropologie last year (and last seen in this post!)
Boots: Sam Edelman here
Lydia's Dress: Gap on sale last year, similar here
Lydia's sweater: Zara last year, similar here and here
Lydia's shoes: Old Navy here
Lydia's bow: my favorite boutique in Sugarhouse called Jolley's!
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016