8/19/16

Baby #2 - How I Told Michael!


One of the most exciting moments in life is finding out you're pregnant! There's this instant rush of happiness and gratitude and disbelief that a tiny tiny embryo is hard at work inside of you!

Back in the end of June, I peed on a stick first thing in the morning (supposedly the best time of day?) and then didn't tell Michael about the news till that evening! I wanted to surprise him and tell him in a cute way. 

So immediately when I saw the positive "+", I was freaking out inside but tried to stay really calm. I want to the gym, came home and made breakfast for Lydia, tried to act normal as Michael was getting ready for school - he actually thought I was in a bit of a bad mood because I was being kind of stand-off-ish, ha!

Then as soon as he left for school I was allowed to freak out again :).

I drove to a friend's house (we were planning on swimming), and about 5 minutes into hanging out I couldn't help but tell her!! She was so darling and excited for me, and then we went into planning mode to figure out how to tell Michael. We drove to Sweet Tooth Fairy and had them write "Baby #2" on chocolate cookies for us and put them in a box. (Okay, we were a little disappointed at the penmanship involved here - but I was in too good of a mood to be like, "that looks bad, do it again," haha.) 

That night, I told Michael I really wanted to go to Bombay House - our favorite Indian restaurant. We had been planning on having a little family date night so this worked out perfectly. Then near the end of dinner, my same friend dropped off the box of cookies and had the waiter bring them to our table! Michael looked at me confused, "What is this?" I nodded at him to open the box, and the second he did his face was pure shock!!! Hahaha. Poor guy. He was totally taken off guard! We were in the restaurant so he couldn't freak out, but he was so surprised and excited. 

When we got to the parking lot later we hugged and kissed and talked all about how Lydia's going to be a big sister! It will be crazy and busy and Michael will be in the middle of studying for board exams, but it is such a wonderful blessing and we are thrilled. 

So there's how I told him! And of course we had to get home and snap a few pictures re-enacting the surprise ;).





Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016