8/25/16

Bumpdate: Week 12



I'm excited to post pregnancy updates every few weeks, mainly so I can look back and remember everything! It's crazy how fast you forget - I already am forgetting things about my first pregnancy since I didn't do a good job of recording it. For instance I got a leg cramp yesterday and then Michael reminded me about the HORRIBLE charlie horses I got last time! How did I space those?? I think this whole pregnancy amnesia thing is kind of a blessing or else we would not be having many kids ;). SO! Bumpdate:

How far along: 12 weeks

Fruit size:  Plum

Weight gain: A couple pounds and I feel like a whale.

Maternity clothes: I'm pretty close... I actually bought a belly band and it has been awesome. I'm not big enough yet for my maternity jeans but my normal jeans are TIGHT (already?!) so yay for the awkward pudgy phase and yay for unbuttoning my pants and no one knowing ;). (Except edit as I was going through these pictures you can totally see that my jeans are unbuttoned through my shirt... so... that's great. Hahaha.)

Sleep: I AM SO TIRED ALWAYS. Like literally it is painful to get up and get Lydia out of her crib in the mornings. On Sundays when Michael plays with Lydia all day or when I was in AZ and my mom watched her I took 4 hour naps!! I just got my blood test results and found out I'm slightly anemic, so maybe that explains some of the exhaustion. (Plus the obvious fact that I'm chasing around a 1-year-old all day, ha.)

Symptoms: Nauseous 24/7. It's like this dull sea-sickness that just never really goes away. BUT good news - I didn't take my medicine one day and I threw up 8 times! So it's good to know that the medicine is indeed working and that only nausea (with no vomiting) is actually "doing good" for me! Other symptoms - ligament tugging feelings down by my uterus, weird dreams, heartburn (which is new, didn't have that with Lydia), and I'm already getting those pesky leg cramps.

Food cravings: Depends on the day, but nothing really sounds great except for fruit, lots of water, and bland basic stuff like mac n cheese or saltines or a soft Target pretzel. Haha, super healthy over here.

Food aversions: Weird things! For instance I cannot handle peanut butter in any form, and I used to love it! Making Lydia a pb&j almost makes me gag. Also can't stand the sight of Mexican food, bbq anything, most meats/fishes, eggs, and oddly enough chocolate! I don't know who I am anymore.

Gender: I am 100% convinced it's a boy!! Every single thing about this pregnancy has been so different, and the other day I even found a hair on my big toe - I'm blaming it on the testosterone levels :). Definitely a boy. 

Bump: Not a real bump yet, but already really high. With Lydia I carried unusually low (like the doctors were surprised how low), so with this one it's so weird to feel a bump right underneath my rib cage.

Belly button in or out: In. With Lydia it stayed in the whole time, I kind of have like a crater for a belly button ;).

Thoughts: Generally I just feel like things are moving a lot faster! I'm already kind of showing, and that didn't happen till around month 4 or 5 last time. The weeks go by so much quicker because I'm constantly feeding Lydia, cleaning messes, reading to her, doing laundry, etc and then before I know it Baby #2 is the size of a plum! Huge contrast to last time when I was checking my pregnancy app multiple times a day and eating up baby articles any chance I got :).




See the buttons? Hahaha. Oops.

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016