8/15/16

Fave Five

I always love hearing what products other people use and love. In this house we are big on reviews - I don't know the last time I've bought something (baby toys, makeup, TUMs chewys on amazon) without first scouring reviews or getting a high recommendation from a friend. In fact, most of the best products I've found have been because of blog or instagram posts! I thought it might be fun to share some of my own favorites every week or two, and I want to hear what you guys think of these products and what other ones I should know about!

Fave Five:



I literally whip this out ten times a day! I spray this on the highchair after every meal, I use it on my counters, on the floors for little spills, on my table - I go through a bottle at least once a month (probably more). It really does a good job of cleaning. The smell is nice, nothing earth-shattering, but I like that it's both cheap and natural!



This stuff is magic! My mother in law gave me this for Christmas a few years back and I have used it religiously since then! Seriously in love. I use it on my face three days a week in the shower to sluff off dry skin - it smells fabulous and makes my skin tingle a little, which I like! Whenever I've been bad at washing my face or have zits, this exfoliator makes my skin smooth and helps zits go down! Win win win. And surprisingly it lasts a long time - I think I'm only on my third bottle in over two years.



I always have at least two of these in my diaper bag filled with snacks for Lydia. I was getting sick of throwing away zip locks daily, so I found these and they're great! Light weight, perfect size to throw in a bag, and the food doesn't get smashed in them (like with the ziplocks). They hold everything from gold fishies to graham cracker sticks to blueberries. Go team.



Okay, this is not anything fancy shmancy. But I was at target a month ago looking for a new bronzer and walked out with this. Disclaimer: I only use the bronzer half, not the highlighter part (it looks too chalky on my face), but for a cheap bronzer/contour thing I am liking it! It's kind of a cross between a powder and a paste, so after I put on my foundation (I'll tell you about my favorite foundation another time!), I use the same foundation brush, tap it in the bronzer and then sweep it in the hollows of my cheeks and make sure it's blended really well. Then I'll sweep some on the sides of my face up to the edges of my forehead, under my jaw and on the sides of my nose. I'm sure there are way fancier/better high end contour products but for $5 I'm pretty happy!


(Btws didn't use my own pic because nobody needs to see a makeup-less and bra-less Annika running around.)

I've actually had these for a couple years now. I own at least 6 really nice pairs of sweat pants, and for some reason these are the ones I always seem to throw on! Whether I'm at home or running to walmart at 11pm or going to get a soda, these sweats beat out all the others in my dresser. They're cotton, so I don't love them as much for actual exercising, but because they are a little thicker they hide any wrinkles or underwear lines and make everything look nice and smooth. Also they are softer and more legging-ish than typical work out pants, which is a nice change! These have retained their shape and stayed tight throughout the years and the high waist is really flattering. 


So there are my Fave Five this time around! I am kind of a product junky so if you have anything awesome please fill me in!!
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016