9/12/16

Fave Five


I'm really excited for this Fave Five because I am truly obsessed with all of these things! Like you should all run and order these stat.

I grew up in a straw family. For as long as I can remember, there has been a container full of plastic straws right next to the sink, and every time we set the table or grab a glass of water we all plop straws in them. Like it's weird to not drink from a straw. And now I have this small unnecessary fear that if I don't use a straw ice will all come sliding down and water will spill all over my face. But if I'm going to get a little more particular, I prefer big straws, like the kind you get at gas stations for sodas, because you can gulp so much more water at once! (Never thought you'd hear someone go so in-depth about straws, did you?) Anywhoo, I've finally found the answer! Besides shoveling 20 plastic straws in my purse when I walk in 7-11. Ikea! Of course. Blessed Ikea. They sell these really big and adorably pastel straws that I'm pretty much in love with. They are fantastically fat and I drink so much more water with them. So buy them! It's good for your body! It's basically like working out!

Okay so this tee doesn't look like much. BUT. I bought it a couple sizes bigger than I normally would and now I literally restrain myself from wearing it everyday with leggings. It is the comfiest tee with the perfect scoopy v neck that's not too deep, and it is lightweight without being see-through! And I feel like a dark grey tee with black leggings and cute boots and lots of gold rings looks super pulled-together AND feels like I'm wearing pajamas. Aka my pregnancy uniform. Winning. (Confession: I went back a couple days later to buy one more and they were sold out in my store! So I might have to give in and pay shipping and by another one online. You can never have too many grey tees!)

(And let's just all ignore my wrinkly old hand??)

I've loved these for a year or so, and they're finally getting the hype they deserve so they are sold in almost all grocery stores! Before I had to order them online. Pros: taste amazing - like I'm truly satisfied after eating one, high protein and low or no sugar - which is so rare in all these "health" bars, and lots of different flavors! Con: expensive. These babies are crazy expensive. The cheapest I've found them is on Amazon in bulk, or if you want individual bars, $2.39 a bar at Trader Joe's. So I can't go eating one of these every day. But they are delish and actually healthy, and they really fill me up. Also, Costco now sells a total replica of these bars! They're Kirkland brand but taste almost identical to the Double Chocolate Chunk and Cookie Dough Quest flavors, and they have the same nutritional info for a fraction of the cost!

I'd been hearing about this mascara for a while, but it's hard to justify spending $20 when I can find perfectly decent mascara at Walmart for $6. But I cleaned out my wallet the other day and found a Sephora gift card! This was the first thing I wanted to buy with it, and I love it! (Okay the name is really embarrassing - hence I couldn't type it out - but let's just focus on the product ;). ) I have super blonde short eyelashes and this mascara makes them look thick and black and long and full. I've actually had two people ask me if I got my eyelashes done! I haven't done a comprehensive mascara comparison, and this is my first "fancy" mascara in years, but I'm about a month in and really happy with it. (Now if anyone has a good liquid eyeliner recommendation I am ALL EARS!)


So I keep seeing these adorable play dresses all over instagram - Alice and Ames, Little Cottonwood, June and January - but I'm sorry, I just cannot pay $50 for a dress for my 1-year-old. Especially when she will probably smear ketchup all down the front and I won't notice for three hours and then it will never come out. ($50 on a solid pair of shoes she'll wear everyday, different story.) So the second I saw these at Old Navy I seriously could not believe my eyes. I looked around to make sure no one was watching and happily dumped two of every size in my cart. They are amazing!! Stretchy, soft, easy to wear, throw on tights for the fall or leave it be for warm days - the perfect dresses! And because it's $8 I find we wear it WAY more often than her "nice" stuff since I'm not scared of ruining it. Go team.

That's the Five for this time around! Thoughts? What other products should I know about??
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016