11/23/16

I Got Dressed {Tripod Adventures}


How exactly is one supposed to wield the all-powerful blanket scarf? The legendary magic wand of accessories? The item every website tells me I can just throw on and look put together? 


I clearly have no clue. Ha.


BUT I do have to say, even scarf-tying skills lacking, this one has gotten tons of milage in my closet over the past two years! I always hated the thought of spending more than like $15 on a scarf. Really?? Is it necessary? When will I throw this on? Am I even a scarf-wearing person?


But my mom got me this Madewell one a couple winters back and it is now always in my car November-March. 

Loop it around your neck when your outfit is blah, throw it over your shoulders for a poncho experience, use it as a blanket when suddenly it goes from Happy Sunshine Day to Overcast Freezing Why the Heck Am I Outside Day. So versatile!


Also don't worry, I'm getting my hair done in AZ! (I know you were thinking, "Roots girl, rooooots.")

Speaking of which I have no idea what to do with this hair of mine. I think I've liked the darker blonde with my skin tone, and it is hecka-cheap to maintain compared to trying to zap any ounce of regrowth like when I was bleach blonde. Which, by the way, was terrible. Bleach blonde was horrendous. But I think this dark blonde is starting to feel a little, meh, too! I need a happy medium. I'm not brave enough to go brunette, I don't have a cute enough face to pull that off. But I think a little bit brighter blonde might be fun? 

Idk, deep hair thoughts. Since I know you were extremely curious! ;)




Also, whyyyy must pregnancy effect my tush like so ^^. I swore I was going to be one of those cute all-belly preggers who doesn't gain an ounce anywhere else. But no! Body = different plans. Cheeks, legs, arms - you name it, it's expanding! Super sexy right?! Ah sorry to be such a complainer. I AM SO GRATEFUL! I promise. Babies are miracles. Just also a little bit mourning the loss of the muscles and skinny jeans I worked for.


And ohmygosh I almost forgot - HOORAY for the holidays! Are you going anywhere for Thanksgiving? Any fun traditions we should be adopting? Anyone staying home and just doing a small Thanksgiving?! If so I'm a little jealous - Michael and I keep saying one of these years we are going to have a relaxing break - just us three - but then of course it's hard to say no to families and AZ weather :). Have a nice quick break!

Tee: Target maternity 
Scarf: Madewell, old
Pants: H&M maternity 
Boots: Nordstrom Rack
Lydia's tee: Old Navy 
Lydia's denim: Carters (the only brand long and skinny enough for her legs!)
Lydia's boots: Nordstrom Rack 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016