11/9/16

Pinners Conference and The Nicest Date Night Ever


About every other week we get one night altogether as a family! So typically we will roam a mall (so glad I married someone who likes to shop almost as much as I do, ha!), grab a low key dinner somewhere cheap, head home, put Lydia to sleep and watch an episode of Grey's Anatomy. And if we're feelin really spontaneous we may watch TWO. Whoa ;). Needless to say our family "date nights" aren't super exciting, and Michael and I couldn't even remember the last time we'd gone out just the two of us. Because A) we're broke (aka no babysitter funds) and B) Michael doesn't get to see Lydia that much anyway, so it's fun to all be together. But we have the best friends, and they offered to watch Lydia for a few hours last Friday night so Michael and I could have an evening to ourselves! 

And of course, Michael was adorable and surprised me with all my favorite things. First we went to sushi, which he would never choose but he knows I love it :). Then after having the most relaxing meal since Lydia was born we drove to downtown Salt Lake to walk around the Pinners Conference! It was awesome! So many adorable little shops (like 200+ I think!) and so much creativity. Luckily for our wallet I'm huge and pregnant and not super into buying clothes currently. But we loved looking at everything and we couldn't help but walk away with a pair of mustard suede mocs for baby boy!

After an hour or so at the Pinners Conference we drove through Hires for their signature Peanut Butter Oreo milkshake and then picked up Lydia and called it a night! Thanks so much Libby and Mat for watching her! We owe you guys. 

And... yes I forgot to take pictures of like 80% of the night. I'm kind of forgetting everything lately? Like last week I just completely spaced Lydia's pediatrician appointment. Just totally skipped it! Whoops. Pregnancy brain? Or just mom brain? Or maybe it's just MY brain and I have no excuse, ha. Anyways, here are the few photos Michael remembered to snap!






Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016