11/29/16

Thanksgiving Festivities


(Warning: huge photo dump!)

Thanksgiving weekend was a blast. Michael flew to Mesa on Wednesday morning, so we had almost 5 whole days with family in amazing weather! With both of our families in the same place it can sometimes get tricky coordinating who's staying where and when, but at the end of the day it's such a blessing to see our families so often. On Thanksgiving Day this year we got to hang out with Michael's extended family, which always includes watching football, admiring the electric knife cutting skills and playing ping pong late into the night! Then on Friday we had a second Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family and then played badminton for way too long in an attempt to burn off the turkey day calories ;). Sidenote: I'm OBSESSED with badminton. And bonus, you barely have to move since those rackets are so long, ha! Michael and I make a pretty good team :). So fun. And surprisingly less dangerous than playing bocci ball a few years ago when Michael broke his finger. 

Then on Saturday we celebrated Michael's mom's birthday!! She is absolutely darling - I totally scored in the in-law department. She is the most loving, crafty and organized person I've ever met. Every closet in her house is perfect! Major goals. Michael definitely inherited his love of holidays from her. She goes all out for every birthday, Valentine's Day, Halloween, etc, and showers her kids and grandkids with gifts and surprise boxes in the mail for all these events. So of course we had to have a fun day for her birthday! Michael and I woke up early Saturday morning to get her donuts and decorate the mantel with a banner and balloons. We ate out at a fun new restaurant, walked around Merry Mainstreet, went bowling with extended family, and had a delicious dinner at Kona Grill! Then we came home and watched her open her presents and she cut into her gorgeous birthday cake. I think it was a success! 


My sweet mom and dad!


We have a new trampoline fan. Homegirl could not get enough! Every time Lydia saw my dad she walked up to him and started saying "out! out!" since she wanted him to take her outside to the tramp.



Grilled turkey! And the proud chef :).



OKAY BABE ALERT! How hot is my sister Olivia? Calling all single hombres - this girl is back on the market!! Her instagram is here so you should def stalk her and then DM her. PS she will kill me if she knows I posted this so play it cool ;).


We stink at kissy faces.



Also this was THE ONLY food pic I remembered to take and it's blurry! Just trust me that we had two awesome thanksgiving meals and days of leftovers.




My darling mother-in-law and Michael's brother Steven!


Worth Takeaway. How cute is this little restaurant?


My rueben was delish and Michael's crispy chicken sandwich was BOMB.



Lydia looks like she's doing one of those hip new dance moves, ha! ^^^ What is this, a whip? A dab? I'm a little out of touch.



Meltdown on Main.


Look how pretty that cake is!


After church we tried to get cute shots of all us girls, buttttt we couldn't even get one. We all just kept laughing! Or talking. Tis the life with all this estrogen in one place ;).



Also THANKS FOR NOTHING to the church lady who told me I must be having a boy since I'm just getting big all over. I get it, I'm huge! ;) 

Outfit #1
Pink sweater: J.Crew (sized up)
Denim: H&M maternity 
Shoes: Nordstrom two years ago

Outfit #2
Striped dress: A Pea in the Pod 

Outfit #3
Grey sweater: Forever21
Maternity leggings: H&M
Flats: J.Crew
Necklace: Anthropologie 

Outfit #4
Velvet dress: A Pea in the Pod
Shoes: Nordstrom two years ago

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016