11/21/16

Thorns and Roses


My little explorer. Outside Lydia = Happy Lydia.


Living in this Dwell + Slumber dress.


Again, happiest in a big pile of leaves. 


HAAAA. Cleaned out the kitchen drawers and apparently I am a little obsessed with sweet and sour sauce ;). Hashtag GHETTO.




Trying to envision what our boy will look like with that backwards hat.


Making mint cranberry sauce for last week's party.


Oh my gosh! Dug up this little gem from the archives. Tiny bald chubby(!?) baby!


Feeling super nostalgic over heeee-yur. Where's my little boo thang?! They grow up too fast!


Thorns: 

- Lydia putting her hand in someone's (eh hem, Michael's) unflushed pee in the toilet. Lovely.

- Cracking my brand new iPhone 7 on day five. I am ridiculous. Feel free to yell/laugh at me. I would consider myself to be a fairly coordinated human but man I struggle with these blasted iPhones.

- Facetiming my mom, dad, sisters, Michael, neighbors - really anyone who will answer - every single night between 5-7. This is going on the thorns list because it really just means that we are so exhausted and bored and lonely that at this point in the day we just hope other people will entertain us. Also it is pitch black outside come 5pm which makes afternoons a drag.


Roses: 

- Teaching Lydia that Santa says, "Ho! Ho! Ho!", and on a similar note she equates the name Jesus with blowing kisses.

- Michael asking me at our Friendsgiving last week if I was wearing hair extensions since my hair looked long - and I wasn't! Yay! I actually haven't put them in for about a month now. The last post with them in was here. Just too much work. But hey maybe there is some hair growth perk for me this pregnancy after all??

- Requesting a heartbeat check on Baby Boy since I'm paranoid and thought my slight cramping combined with decreased fetal movements was FOR SURE bad news. But turns out there's a strong heartbeat and I'm just that annoying worried mom!

- Thinking my child is a genius by correctly pointing out the letter 'L' at the grocery store. (Turns out she thinks ever letter is 'L' but what the heck.)

- This website is everything. I LOVED it last time I was pregnant, then totally forgot about it until it randomly popped up on my pinterest feed tonight. I quite literally have to restrain myself from laughing too loud. The author is HILARIOUS and so relatable. 
Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016