11/22/16

Christmas Tree! How Early is Too Early??


This year was probably illegally early ;).

But to my credit I'm in a very Christmas-y mood! We already had a Friendsgiving, so I've mentally checked off the turkey/pumpkin pie/bake fest day. And then I left town Monday for AZ and when I get back it's December! So I had to put the tree up now :). Switching all of my radio stations to Christmas channels was all my own doing though. Oops.


We had such a fun little morning setting this up last week! We woke up to a thin coat of snow (which promptly melted by noon - MY KINDA SNOW), so we cranked up the tunes and got busy pulling out all the decorations! One day it will be fun to have a big beautiful house to decorate, but for now it's actually super nice just having one single box labeled "Christmas" in our basement. It took all of 45 minutes to set up the entirety of our Christmas decor - tree included - and I'm feeling good about that :). 


We are on the hunt for beautiful stockings, though! Any leads? We have a set of cheap-o dollar store ones that are this cute. We're wanting to get nice monogrammed ones that can last us for years! Michael and I also have differing opinions on stockings, totally dependent on how we grew up. He grew up with these amazing hand-stitched woven stockings so he thinks those are more traditional and home-y. We had very formal quilted monogrammed stockings so of course that's what I picture for family stockings. 


And thankfully Lydia's been pretty good about not ripping off every single ornament! We hung anything breakable up high and the lower ones are mainly just dollar store sparkly snowflakes. So far so good! It's adorable watching her wake up every morning, head straight for the tree and touch all the lights. It's gonna be a sad day when I have to take it down!


My dress: Dwell + Slumber

Also for those who asked, we got our tree three years ago at Target for $20! It's a 6ft unlit tree. Super tiny but it works for now!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016