4/29/16

Thorns and Roses


Skeptical of my (lack of) braid skills ;).

It's finally Friday! Longest week of my life, yours too? 

Here's a classic Sweet and Sour! I'll explain...


Growing up with three little sisters meant that each night at dinner was nonstop talk. My poor dad, HA. One person would start a story, another person would interupt with a different story, a third girl would laugh at some unrelated topic, you get the idea. It was a pretty hilarious slash unproductive half an hour every night where we literally had to institute a talking stick at one point - whoever was holding the stick got to talk!! LOL, girls. 


Another way my dad tried to combat this chaos was by starting Sweet and Sour when I was about 15. Each person at the table would go around and tell their Sweet from the day and their Sour.

(As you can imagine this worked out much better than yanking the talking stick out of people's hands.)



He later renamed it Thorns and Roses, which is great because it reminds me less of Panda Express and more of some fabulous kitschy thrift store.



SO!

Here is my Thorns and Roses list for the week!


Thorns: 

- Food poisoning is probably the worst feeling on earth. For a minute there kneeling by the toilet you think you might die, especially when it's 3:30am and you haven't slept the whole night and the thought of taking care of someone else (namely your child) in 4 hours just makes you cry.

- Continuing on with the gross theme, I found that a spatula makes an excellent scooper for everything from food on the floor to baby poop! *At different times.* Thank you spatula ;).

- Missing most of my gym classes (see #1)

- Computer totally crashing and subsequently thinking you've lost everything.

Roses: 

- Computer NOT losing everything - go computer! But accepting that it really is time to upgrade from your 2010 laptop. She is S.L.O.W.

- Trying to cut back on caffeine and realizing that caffeine free diet coke tastes pretty much the same as the regular stuff! Air five.

- Lydia clapping, saying "dada", and using the little walker! Go girl go!

- Watching Michael attempt to doodle what we were stuyding in the scriptures. Let me just say "fruit of thy loins" was... epic.

- Sleeping in and not going to most of my gym classes ;)




And that's a Thorns and Roses wrap! 

Peace out to le weekend!



Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016