4/2/16

Imaginary Closet

I lost my memory card and some fancy techy cord last week after Easter. I literally dumped out my diaper bag a few times, searched under every mat and seat in my car, excavated the house... the works. After 5 days, I called the battle. Card/cord one. And Michael and I had just talked about how in April our goal is to not spend more than x amount and we really don't have room for unnecesary purchases etc etc, so I felt like April was not on my side since I already needed to make a big(ish) purchase. I drove to the Apple store and was getting Lydia out of her carseat when I saw this little purple pouch under the driver's seat - my cord and card!! And I swear I'd looked there at least twice. Such a blessing! God is definitely trying to help me keep my goal this month, haha. So naturally since I was now at the mall I had to pop in Anthro. This place is also some sort of blessing, but to the fancy run-errands-in-$200-sundresses ladies of the world. To me it is currently a little happy slice of make believe. Oh yes, I can definitely see myself wearing this sequin skirt as I shop at Whole Foods with a bouquet of roses in my cart, that kind of make believe. 

Case in point: 


Is this skirt not fabulous? When would I wear it? Never. But I can pretend I'm this awesome right?


This little springy number was darling! A couple inches too short, but pockets and pink and poppies and any other good "p" thing I can think of!


Love the concept of this wrap dress. How comfy! Again, a little short (I'm 5'5'' for reference). Note patient Lydia just crawling all over the dirty floor. Model parenting right there ;).


Heart eyes all day for this swingy summery cheery day dress! Dress up with booties or be casual with sandals. Why must ALL cute dresses be short.


Simple ribbed dress. Apparently I was really on a dress kick! Haha. PS Lydia is obsessed with shoelaces as of late? Which made organizing my shoes the other hilarious. She was in h.e.a.v.e.n. 


Oh here's not a dress! Also this isn't Anthro, but an equally dreamy Madewell tee. I'd maybe go one size up for a little more flow effect. And I can't decide if blush washes me out or if it works? I need to do one of those professional color matching things again. I did one back in high school and the lady was ADAMANT that navy made me look "dead" (her exact word of choice). So I stayed away from navy for like two years for fear of looking like a walking carcass, and then one day pulled out a navy blouse and thought, hey, this actually looks pretty good on me! And now navy has made it back into regular rotation. (My med school prom dress was navy, see it here.)


Also, hats!!! Why am I loving hats as of late? Possibly it has something to do with the fact that some guy bleached my hair ORANGE and then we fixed it to a terrible yellowish white so now I'm constantly trying to cover it up? Ya I'm actually 100% positive it's that :). Haha. Loving all these playful Anthro hats.



And there you have it! My (huge) recent imaginary closet. And don't worry Michael, I didn't buy one thing! April Goal going strong (as of the 2nd :) ).


Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016