5/9/16

Thorns and Roses


Between Michael's final exams, and Lydia's new tricks (including tasting her food, spitting it out and then throwing it on the floor ;) ), life's been busy! And I like busy. Drumroll for a few pics and then some highs and lows to recap life around here lately.


I want her big eyes.




Spicy shrimp tacos with pineapple and a cilantro greek yogurt slaw! 




In honor of Cinco de Mayo, of course.


My favorite thing in the whole world is getting her out of her crib after naps. She's all warm and snuggly and (usually) happy, it's the best.


Deleting old pics because my storage is full when I came across this from Christmas in Hawaii! I need to get to a beach stat.


Bubbles for the win.


Yay for friends who in one breath talk about getting fit with you, and the next go get this^^^ with you.


Thorns:

- The doctor recommended mixing tylenol and chocolate syrup on a spoon for Lydia. HAHAHA I don't know how I thought this would work. Please picture chocolate syrup on every inch of Lydia's face, down her onesie, all over my workout top, smeared on my arms... it was a sight. Half frustrated that my squirmy child kept refusing her medicine and half impressed that one teaspoon of chocolate sauce managed to end up in so many places!

- Walked around Costco for a good 30 minutes budgeting out which frozen burritos were cheaper and still had some nutritional value because we are poor. Finally made a decision, waited in that eterni-line (why are they so long at Costco?) and finally checked out, when the cashier says my card expired 3 days ago. And I started crying. Full on tears. Really Annika? Crying?? LOL. Poor guy.

- Listened to some unsolicited advice from a 60-year-old man at the gas station about how I will get cancer from aspartame. Mind you this was at least 2 minutes long and this man was very very very large. So that was just awkward and I smiled and took his health advice with a very very very large grain of salt and happily sipped away.

Roses:

- I have the best friends. Sweat pants, no make up, swap babysitting all the time, no judgement, we even broke the tooting barrier last week, so ya pretty much we've made it.

- Busted out those frozen teething toys again. LIFE SAVERS.

- Teething, while a beast, makes Lydia an extra cuddly lovebug.

- Currently reading Mere Christianity again and loving it. C.S. Lewis is just so hilariously spot on with everything.

- For Mother's Day, Michael booked us a night at a hotel in Park City!! I'm so excited - it's right after his last final! So that will be a blast. We are debating if we should bring Lydia or not... I mean she's pretty adorable but we haven't had a night without the babe for... her entire life?? Ha. We will see! :)



PDA oops!

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016