5/17/16

Park Citaaaay!

Please note the fruit snack stuck to Lydia's tummy :).

A few weeks back I was planning a trip to Arizona and asked Michael if certain dates worked for him. I couldn't understand why he kept insisting the day after finals wouldn't work! It seemed like the best time to get away and go on a vacation. Finally Michael blurted, "Okay I'll tell you! We can't go to Arizona that weekend because I bought us a hotel room in Park City!" 

FUN!! 

(He is definitely the more thoughtful gift-giver in this marriage. I give him tee shirts and ties and he gets me trips.)




And we had to bring the Lyd :).



A little shopping, a little ice cream, a little swimming, and a teeny tiny hike! Perfect getaway weekend.



Really tried to convince Michael that this two-piece is fantastic. He wasn't going for it...


And the straw hat didn't win him over, either ;).



Everytime we cruise down main street in Park City we have to stop at Java Cow! Funky little ice cream parlor full of stuffed animals and beanie babies and yummy ice cream of course! 

And Lydia's dislike of sweets persists?! Who is she I don't even know.


And apparently I really like singing into my microcone, HA.




The beauty of going to Park City in the middle of May is that it's totally off-season. The retail workers call it "mud season" because the snow is basically melted but it's not officially summer yet.

So everything was totally dead! We had this huge pool all to ourselves.



(Minus the adorable grandpa who asked if we wanted our picture taken :). )


That little face. All the heart eyes.

Maybe the only downside of the trip was that homegirl was awake the WHOLE night! 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am. The. Whole. Night. Aaand we were in a hotel so we couldn't just let her cry it out. 

For as easy as Lydia as 90% of the time, I'll admit she really sucks at teething ;).




Mud season in full effect :).



We tried out Freebirds burritos for dinner, and actually liked them better the next day for breakfast in the hotel! Haha.



For some reason Park City seems so far away in my head, but really it's only a twenty minute drive up the mountain. We definitely need to get up here more often! Thanks Michael for the getaway!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Make my day! Leave a comment :)

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016